One of the concerns expressed about a legislature that is “BY” the people is that ‘the people’ would easily be corrupted and bribed.
I don’t think the statistics have changed that much since this 2007 article.
Using sortition to select a “Citizen House” would — even without the stronger, because non-partisan, Ethics Committee that would also result — insure diminished likelihood of legislative criminality.
- “On the Citizen House: A Disquisitional Fiction” by David Grant
- Irish Constitutional Convention was selected via sortition
- Sortition to choose citizen jury to blacklist corrupt politicians in South Korea elections
- “J’ai pas voté” (I didn’t vote) – 46 minute video
- Sortition insured fair jury for indictment of Texas governor
Common Lot Sortition… on Hello world! animal games on anim… on Hello world! AhmedRTeleb on Raising funds to enter the… Common Lot Sortition… on Statistical accuracy in using… The Clarence White B… on Statistical accuracy in using…